Responsibilities will include.
- Carrying out servicing, repairs, and maintenance to high standards.
- Using diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical / electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based technology.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Taking the customers vehicle out on a road test to ensure all faults are rectified.
- Warranty repairs are per the manufacturer’s guidelines and ensure that the relevant documentation is complete.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe working environment.
- Complete all relevant paperwork to a high standard.
Desirable experience and skills
- Qualified motor technician, ideally working in a main franchised dealer, however not completely necessary.
- Ability to clearly complete job cards with a clear understanding of the requirements of factory standards for warranty processing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and explain additional work required to the workshop controller, service advisors or customers as required.
- Previous experience as a diagnostic technician would be an advantage.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to achieve desired results.
- Proven ability to work to high standards.
- Good IT and administration skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Full time permanent position
- Very competitive salary above the industry guidelines based on experience
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- 22 days annual leave (increasing to 25 days under length of service scheme)
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme
- Training, development and career progression programme
- Uniform and Safety Gear provided
- Bike to work scheme available
- Onsite parking
- Friendly work environment
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should forward their letters of application together with a full Curriculum Vitae and an indication of their salary expectation to: -
Mr. Noel Rabbitte, Group Operations Director, Denis Mahony Motor Group, Exit 5 M50, North Road, Dublin 11, D11 T950.
Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023