Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: Mahony Fleet, Kilbarrack, Co. Dublin, D05 P7W8, Ireland, Ireland
Date: August 2023
The primary objective of this role is to generate new fleet business and to cultivate long term relationships with these customers, as well as a portfolio of existing clients, with a view to increasing the corporate fleet size and maximising profit.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximise new business opportunities across the SME, MNC & Public sectors through innovative sales techniques.
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships to enhance profit levels and penetration of services.
- Plan, implement and manage sales strategies, targets and sales performance so that fleet growth and profitability are met and exceeded.
- Manage the international tender process in coordination with the company’s international partners.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure that the customer requirements are met.
- Act as the primary point of contact for your portfolio of customers.
- Communicate regularly on sales progress within the sales cycle and preparing reports on KPIs
- Develop vehicle policy documents for customers when requested.
- Participate in marketing activities where necessary.
- Maintain an up to date record of all leads and opportunities in CRM system.
- Participate in training programmes offered by the company.
- Engage in continuous performance evaluation and training projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 2+ years working in fleet or asset leasing sector is preferred – a background in automotive fleet sales would be an advantage.
- Solid technical knowledge of leasing and all fleet-related products, systems and processes, direct customer acquisition techniques and margin/value creation.
- Organization including Administrative, Sales, Management, and Leadership Team.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills.
- High energy with infectious enthusiasm, with a collaborative, team-centred working style.
- A third-level degree in business or a related discipline is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Competitive salary and commission.
- 22 days annual leave (increasing to 25 days under length of service scheme).
- Training, development and career progression programme
- Bike-to-work scheme available.
- Onsite parking
- Along the DART line (Howth Junction)
- Friendly work environment.
Please submit your CV to Mr. John Young, Sales Director email@example.com.
Part of the wider Denis Mahony Group, Mahony Fleet is Ireland’s leading independent vehicle leasing and fleet management provider. A third-generation family-owned and family-run business, we are the pioneering vehicle leasing company in Ireland with a deep heritage and pedigree in the sector for over 55 years.
We deliver a fully rounded lease offering that is designed around our customers which includes a range of fleet management services such as vehicle funding, maintenance, short-term hire, electric vehicle solutions, fuel card management, toll tags and much more.
Our legacy and reputation in the sector are among our key strengths – Customers and suppliers have enjoyed long-standing relationships with us and trust in our advice and the solutions we provide.