What is Toyota Hybrid?
Learn what Hybrid is and why it's better.
There's nothing complicated about driving a Toyota self-charging Hybrid. They combine a petrol engine with an electric motor. Toyota self-charging Hybrids can save you up to 30% on fuel, reduce NOx emissions by up to 90% and can recharge their batteries without needing to be plugged in.
Our history with self-charging Hybrids began in 1997 with the pioneering Toyota Prius.
Each Toyota self-charging Hybrid comes with a 5yrs/100,000km warranty which can be extended up to 10 years, by completing an annual “Hybrid Health Check”. The battery is designed to last the life of the vehicle with some US owners have already passed 250,000 miles.
Benefits of owning a Toyota Hybrid
- Up to 30% better fuel efficiency: Because the self-charging Hybrid system has the unique ability to recycle energy other cars waste, you benefit from fuel economy of up to 94mpg. That’s up to 30% better fuel efficiency than an equivalent diesel engine. So you won’t just enjoy the drive. You’ll enjoy the savings, too. That’s better.
All mpg and CO2 figures quoted are sourced from official EU regulated laboratory test results. These are provided to allow comparisons between vehicles and may not reflect your actual driving experience.
- Average of 30% less maintenance costs: And that’s not all. You’ll save on maintenance too. On average 30% less maintenance costs when compared to a non-hybrid car. That’s because self-charging Hybrids have less wear and tear on items like brake discs and tyres, and you don’t have a clutch. And better again, the batteries in Toyota self-charging Hybrids are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle.
- Low Emissions: Combining a petrol engine and an electric motor means that Toyota self-charging Hybrids emit on average 40% less CO2 than our competitors conventional cars.
And better still, a Toyota self-charging Hybrid emits up to 90% less NOX pollution of diesel engines, with no particulate matter, giving us better air quality. That’s better for you, your family, your future.
- Peace of mind: In addition to the 3 year's manufacturers warranty, all Toyota Hybrids come with a 5 year hybrid component warranty.
For even greater peace of mind, when you get your Toyota self-charging Hybrid serviced in the Toyota network, you’ll receive a free Hybrid Health Check giving you up to 10 years battery care.
- Acceleration: Electric power is available instantly. Just hit the power button, let the system take care of itself, and enjoy a smoother, quieter, cleaner drive. That’s better.
- Quite: How much quieter is a Toyota self-charging Hybrid electric car? Try half the noise level of a car with a 2-litre petrol engine. That’s better, too.